Thursday, July 25, 2019

Just a few happenings

New glasses:  If you have followed our blog you will know that Lee has surgery on both of his eyes over the last 4 months or so.  The time had finally come to get new glasses.  The cataract surgery have healed up nicely and with the surgeries Lee's  distance vision was corrected he says its like looking through binoculars out to the mountains, but his reading and close up vision he still needs glasses.  We went to Lenscrafters and started looking at new frames I kept handing him frames that I likes and he kept shaking his head that he did not like them.  So I stepped back and just let him look and make the decision on his own.  I think he picked a great pair it is something I never would have handed him but they fit his face nice and look good and the best part he loves them.

Most of my life I have had long hair, as I have gotten older I have cut it shorter and shorter it grows out and I will eventually cut it again.  Being summer I have just roasted the last couple months I know being from Southern Utah the 14 years it should not be that bad in Provo but it is.  We live close to the Provo river so that puts our humidity index above what I am use to and we are at a higher altitude so when it is hot it feels even hotter then it is.  Anyways I recently cut my hair shirt again ignore my red face I seem to remember to get picture after I have been out walking with Sadie so yes it is hot and I have a red face.
All of Lee's life his mom or sisters have made fudge, I never had the patients to learn although I watched Georgetta make it hundreds of times and even made it with her there guiding me I never tried it all on my own.  Now Lee had been pestering me to make him fudge.  I know I should have learned this skill long ago knowing how much he loved it but I always felt it was something special that his mom did that I did not want to interfere with.  Now that mom is no longer with us it is time to bite the bullet and learn to make fudge.  I know the basics and have the ingredients so I gave it a shot ( sorry Jesse I didn't call it was like 11 pm) it turned out tasting good it just did not set up very good I think I under-cooked it.   I know it is a skill that will take time and patients to learn and I will get it someday. I am sure Lee will enjoy the errors at least some of them like he did this one. 
This June I celebrated my 15 years working for Intermountain Healthcare.  I started as a brand new nurse on a surgical unit at Dixie Regional Medical Center back in 2004.  I worked and watched as the unit changed and  grow into a Surgical-Trauma Unit.  Dixie Regional grew into a level II trauma center and I enjoyed working with the trauma patients.  If you have tracked our story you know we made the decision to move closer to Intermountain medical center in Murray where Lee's transplant team is located and where  he will be having a liver transplant.  We chose Provo for several reasons, we felt like it was a good central hub, family close withing a few hours in several directions, we did not want to live anywhere in the Salt Lake Valley for many reasons, and we had talked about moving to Provo for several years and every time we really thought about moving there were no jobs posted.  I think the lord knew we really were serious and needed to move because the job that I really wanted open up and after one phone interview and a meet and great with the boss the job was mine.  I started working at Utah Valley Medical center in May of 2018 on the Neuro Shock Trauma ICU.  I know that I would miss my Dixie friends but was excited to learn and grow as a nurse.  I am thankful for my Boss Curt he has been so awesome to work with me and asks about Lee and how he is doing, I feel like this is the boss I needed through this stage of my life where I need support from not only our family and friends but from my boss and work family too.  
Every 5 years of employment we receive a anniversary gift and packet,  This year I had a really hard time deciding what to pick.  in the past I usually picked jewelry but I just wasn't feeling it this year so I picked a Cuisinart Air Fryer. I am excited to get it and start using it I will see how things turn out with it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment