Monday, May 27, 2019

Dealing with another loss

On Friday May 24th my (Jimmie) dad passed away.  Although my dad and I were not close he was still my dad and I feel his loss.  I have several fond memories of my dad one of my earliest memories of my dad is on either Saturday or Sunday morning after we got up and dressed he would take my sister and I by the hand and walk us down to the convenient store on the corner and let us pick out penny candy. If it was a good payday we got to pick out something bigger,  I always wanted PEZ to this day I still love PEZ and have fun collecting them as  well.

I have many memories of dad in his chocolate brown Trans AM.  It was just like Smokey and the bandit with the T-Top.  boy I loved that car.  Dad would let me sit on his lap and drive when he were on trips to Denver City.  We would go to Denver city most every Sunday for family dinner and to watch the Dallas Cowboys play football.  Yes I am still a Dallas Fan.


I remember when we moved to Elida New Mexico we lived there for one school year before moving back to lovington.  I do not remember much but we did live in a house that had a windmill and I thought that was so cool.  Dad liked to hunt and this was a good opportunity for him to do so.
I have memories of going to the park in Lovington with the whole family.
I loved climbing on the rocket ship with all my cousins and  feeding the ducks although the swans always scared me.  I remember my dad picking me up so that I could feed the swans and not be to scared.



After my parents divorced we spent less and less time with our dad, we did spend one Christmas with him when I was 14.  This was the first time we met his new wife Cheryl.  They were so happy together and I remember felling like he had finally found his mate. I was so happy that he would have Cheryl to spend his life with.
Unfortunately as time went on we had less and less contact.  A few years after I was married Dad and Cheryl made a trip to Wyoming to see us we had a good visit and was able to spend some time together.
 Even though we did not spend much time together and we did not communicate much I though of my dad often and it is painful to know that he is no longer on this earth.  He has left a lasting impression on me as well as many others.  I love you dad even if I did not say it enough.




Obituary of James Edward Dulin


Funeral services for James "Jim" Edward Dulin, 71, of Hobbs, NM will be held on Friday, May 31, 2019 at 3:00 pm at Kirby-Smith-Rogers Chapel with David Stewart officiating. Burial will follow at Lovington Cemetery. Arrangements are under the direction of Kirby-Smith-Rogers Funeral Home. James was born on August 21, 1947 in Seminole, TX to Claudean and Minnie Lou (Milan) Dulin and passed away in Lubbock, TX on May 24, 2019. He was well known as James, Jim, Jimmy or "Manster", depending on which friend or family was talking to him. He married Cheryl Brooks in Denver City, TX on July 13, 1990 and they have shared twenty nine years together. James grew up in Cortez, Co and graduated from high school in Cortez. He served in the US Army for a few years and then was employed running pulling units for several different groups or companies in Texas and New Mexico. He worked for Lucky, R & O, 5 Star, Cobra, Ram and the longest was for Key Energy. His passion was hunting and motorcycles. He was past president of DIMC, being a member since 1985. He was quite a salesman and was known as the person who could sell anything to anyone. He had a great sense of humor, always trying to get something over on someone. His love was his family and friends and he gave 100% of himself as he had the biggest heart of all.
Preceding him in death were his parents and one sister: Jackie Lilly.
Surviving him is his wife Cheryl of the home; two daughters: Cathy Kay and husband Edward Gordon of Farson, WY And Jimmie Lou and husband Lee Ivie of Utah; one brother: Billy Dulin of CA; and two sisters: Vickie and husband Gary MaVeety of Alto, NM and Carolyn and husband Victor Heaverly of Levelland, TX; one grandson: Jesse Reed and a great-grandchild on the way.
Visitation will be on Friday from 11:00 am until service at 3:00 pm.














2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Jimmie Lou. That is most awesome. I am so glad you shared that with me. Hind sight is 20/20 ,if we knew it was going to be this soon, we could have all held each other a little closer. Remember everyone, hold your loved ones close and love them boldly, like it could be the last.
    Love You, Jimmie Lou. You and Lee are always in my prayers.
    Momma Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cheryl I have always held these memories close to my heart.

    ReplyDelete