Saturday, March 10, 2018

Lots to think about and big decisions to make.

After Lee's listing appointment and even a little while before we had talked about moving closer to the hospital in Murray.  During the transplant orientation we learned that after transplant we will have to stay within an hours drive to Murray for up to three months and after that depending on how well Lee does he will have to be seen in the clinic weekly and some times more often depending on labs and his needs.  I know in my heart that moving is the best thing  we will be closer to the liver team and I feel we will have more family support when they only have to travel a couple of hours and not 7 hours to be with us.  I know that leaving southern Utah will be hard I will miss the weather, my job and work family and all the friends that I have made along the way.  I am ready for a new adventure, but where to start.  I don't know if I should find a house first or a job first, so many things to think about.  I currently work for a Intermountain heathcare hospital so I feel like finding a job may be the easy part, I hope to transfer to a similar type unit but then again it may be fun to branch out and try something new.  I know I have never liked pediatrics or Labor and Delivery so that is one area I will not bee looking in, I have always liked trauma patients, so many details and seeing them put back together has always amazed me.  I was maybe thing shock trauma ICU but I still have to look for opening and apply so that will be happening soon enough.  The next challenge will be finding a house.  I would like it to be a house and not an apartment we have one dog our cute Sadie. 


With Sadie being a rescue we are not really sure of her exact breed we kind feel like she could be American bull dog or Pitt with who knows what. Sadie loves people and she loves my friends little poodle but she doesn't like all dogs, but I think in time and socializing she would do great.  So a house with at least a little yard would he awesome.  I have been looking and I think I have been quite spoiled with my rent here in Hurricane, It will be at least $300 more a month to rent a place in Salt Lake county.  So any of my Northern Utah friends that hear of anything please let me know we are planning the last week of March to head up and really start looking.  The other challenge with housing is paying all the deposits and first months rent while still paying rent here so that I can get moved out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment